Re: 'who' command

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 10:12:58PM +0200, fingers wrote:
> thanks, I understand the concept of harvesting of email addresses from
> archives. I didn't mention this factor due to it being out of anyone's
> control. however, I do believe that disabling the specific command is
> perhaps common practice to hide the subscribers' addresses. let me know if
> this is a problem, so that I can rather just remove myself from the list

It's not for me to set such a policy.

Anyway, I've just tested it, sending from a non-member E-mail address, and
this is what I got back:

--

**** List 'afnog' is a private list.
**** Only members of the list can do a 'who'.
**** You [ Brian Candler <xxx at example.com> ] aren't a member of list 'afnog'.

So are you asking to hide the membership of the afnog list from other members
of afnog?

Regards,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org