Re: Mounting Reiser_FS

On Friday 14 March 2003 10:59, Begumisa Gerald M. wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Mark Tinka wrote:
> > Aaaah, you want to run FreeBSD on ReiserFS? Please confirm.
> >
> > Can't say for sure if you can, I thought ReiserFS was for Linux. Please
> > correct me if I am wrong, but FreeBSD's native file system is UFS, no?
>
> Actually I think he wanted to be able to mount the linux partitions from
> BSD.  I too haven't heard of any project working on such a BSD module.
>
> In the same direction, has anyone come across a linux module for reading
> NTFS partitions?  (Or BSD for that matter).  There's a stubborn file in my
> windows partition I'd like to delete (forcefully, Windows won't let me
> because "You are attempting to delete a file that is being used by another
> process..." it's just funny how even after rebooting I get the same
> message).
<snip>

FreeBSD can (rw).. just mount -t ntfs.. you may have to rebuild the kernel
with options NTFS  (unless you are running FreeBSD 5.0)

For Linux, you would have to recompile the kernel... I've seen the module
there, but if I remember correctly, rw (read + write) support is highly
developmental... not sure if it would work with Win2K+ NTFS partitions.

OR, you could try booting with the windows cd and choose repair mode, and find
your way around..
--
Patrick