Re: subnetting help

On Tuesday 18 March 2003, at 11 h 1,
Paul <pademmy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Am sorry for complicating issues. I was given a /25 (64.110.88.0/25)
> which I subnet into three subnet of /26, /27 and /28.

Yes, you already said that. But you did not indicated the actual layout of
the three subnetworks. I tried to guess in my previous message. Was I OK?

> what am trying to do is to put my network behinde the core router. so my /28
> is 14 host ip address which I pick from 1 to 14 to use for my management networ
> k, and /27 which is 30 host ip address which I pick from 33 to 62 to use for my
> point -to-point link and my /26 which is 62 host ip address which I pick from
> 65 to 126 to use for my point-to-multipoint link.

OK, so you have:

64.110.88.0/28  : MANAGEMENT
64.110.88.16/28 : unused
64.110.88.32/27 : PtP LINKS
64.110.88.64/26 : PtMultipoint NETWORK

Is it OK?

> my 68 host is a linux box which i configured with routing as a gateway where
> the /27 and /28 route through to the core router becos the default gateway for
> he 68 host is host 65 which is my core router and the default gateway for my /

I must confess I cannot make head nor tail from it. Can you draw a nice ASCII
diagram of your network? With the *names* (names are necessary for
communication)
of the machines and the links between them?

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org