FW: Wireless Breezecom unit

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Afolabi Babajide [mailto:bafox_1 at yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 11:37 AM
To: ziggy at one2net.co.ug
Subject: Re: Wireless Breezecom unit

I am in absolute agreement with David. We've had similar problems in Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria. The way we solved it was by replacing the SAs. The defective ones were later sent to the manufacturers.

Thanks

Jide

 ziggy at one2net.co.ug wrote:

i have seen something similar, where by a SA(Station Adapter) recyles
itself like every 20-30mins, i would guess that you have a bad Station
adapter, pin-pointing the problem on the software level wont really help
cause you can check the SA and it will be pefectly fine but then acts up
after sometime, thats how substandard SA's are sold, you power it up check
the SA via hyperterm or whatever emulation program you have and all is fine
then poof it blacks out, i would suggest you replace that SA with another
one before you loose your client. :)

cheers

David

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org

Yahoo! Mail - For a better Internet experience