Re: Aggregate Traffic on a Switch

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 12:51:23AM +0100,
 Fisayo Adeleke <fisayo at steineng.com> wrote
 a message of 8 lines which said:

> How can I use MRTG to graph the aggregate traffic on a switch. I
> mean not the per port graph it shows, but a single graph that
> aggregates the entire traffic across the switch.

[The best solution is probably to find a variable in the proprietary
MIB which does it.]

MRTG allows arithmetics:

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html

and see "Multi Target Syntax". Inconvenient to type by hand but if
your switches are managed by an automatic tool, you can certainly ask
it to generate the expression.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org