Re: Aggregate Traffic on a Switch

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Fisayo Adeleke wrote:

: Hello,
:
: How can I use MRTG to graph the aggregate traffic on a switch. I mean
: not the per port graph it shows, but a single graph that aggregates the
: entire traffic across the switch.

I don't believe there's a MIB OID that specifies the aggregate traffic
levels.  You basically have to add the MIB OIDs.

Target [192.168.1.1]: 1:public at 192.168.1.1 + 2:public at 192.168.1.1

I just hand typed this out.  Be sure to read the info in the configuration
help that came with the software and the webpages at: www.mrtg.org.  I
don't know how many of these you can string together (for example, to
monitor all the traffic on all the interfaces of the router) but you can
always just run a test and find out...  :-)

scott

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org