Re: Domain of sender address does not exist

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 11:44:55AM +0200, Alamicha Chapuma wrote:
>    Please help !  One of our clients with their own domain is getting the
>    error message " Domain of sender address [1]user at domain.com does not
>    exist " when they try to send messages to some but not all email
>    recepients.  What could be the problem and how do we rectify this.
>    The error code is " Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 553 5.1.8 "

Well, probably it's exactly what it says: they are sending SMTP messages
with
         MAIL FROM:<somename at somedomain.com>

but "somedomain.com" does not exist in the DNS. Many mail systems on the
Internet refuse to accept mail from invalid senders; others do accept it.
That's why it's not always failing. Or it may be that you have a DNS
configuration problem for "somedomain.com", which means that randomly some
people get a valid answer when doing a lookup on that domain, and other
people do not.

Would you care to say what the real domain name is? There are people on this
list who can help you diagnose DNS problems.

Regards,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org