RE: Eth0 does not come up after kernel recompiling

David,

Did you do

make modules
make modules_install

Sunday.

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Mark Tinka wrote:

> Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:57:58 +0300
> From: Mark Tinka <mtinka at africaonline.co.ug>
> To: david at sdnp.org.mw, afnog at afnog.org
> Subject: RE: Eth0 does not come up after kernel recompiling
>
> Perhaps the module was not compiled into your new kernel.
>
> If you still have a copy of your .config file, please check it to verify
> whether your card was among the modules listed to be compiled as either
> static or loadable.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark Tinka - CCNA
> Network Engineer
> Africa Online Uganda
> 5th Floor, Commercial Plaza
> 7 Kampala Rd,
> Tel:   +256-41-258143
> Fax:   +256-41-258144
> E-mail: mtinka at africaonline.co.ug
> Web:     www.africaonline.co.ug

Sunday A. Folayan
General Data Engineering Services Ltd [SKANNET]
18b, Oshin Rd, Kongi Bodija Ibadan, Nigeria
 Email:	sfolayan at skannet.com.ng
 Voice:	+234-2-8105156 Fax: +234-2-8105156x221
-------

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world;
We unreasonable ones persist in trying to adapt
the world to ourselves. therefore all progress
depends on us, the unreasonable people."
                         -- George Bernard Shaw

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org