REMINDER RIPE NCC LIR Training Course Kampala, Uganda (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:36:55 +0200
From: RIPE NCC Training <training at ripe.net>
To: afrinic-discuss at afrinic.org
Subject: REMINDER RIPE NCC LIR Training Course Kampala, Uganda

Dear "Afrinic-discuss",

We would like to remind you of the LIR Course that is scheduled in
conjunction to the Afnog/Afrinic conference:

        Date: Friday, 6 June 2003
        Location: Kampala, Uganda

Untill now we received only 5 applications.

Unfortunatelly, if there is not enough interest, we may be forced to
cancel this course.

If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible, so that we can
proceede with our planning. You can forward this message to any other
forum that might find interest in the topics covered.

Please find more information bellow.

Kind regards,

Sandra Gijzen
RIPE NCC Training Co-ordinator

The "LIR Training Course" is a one-day introduction to the administrative
procedures and policies for obtaining Internet resources from the RIPE NCC
(i.e. IP addresses, AS numbers, reverse DNS delegation, etc), dealing with
RIPE whois DB, and operating an Local Internet Registry (LIR).

The course is free of charge, since it is payed by the membership
contribution of the LIRs. The course is conducted in English language.

Usually the participants must be official contract persons working for the
LIRs, and usually only two persons from the same organisation are
accepted.
But, in the regions where the RIPE NCC does not visit very often, such as
Africa, it is generally possible to make an exception.

Therefore, please apply for the course even if your organisation is
not the LIR (e.g. not from the RIPE NCC service region, or only
planning  to become an LIR), but motivate your interest in the course.

If more then two employees of your LIR would benefit from this
course, please register them - they may be placed on the waiting list,
but we will try to accommodate all the applicants.