7 Kampala Rd,
Tel:   +256-41-258143
Fax:   +256-41-258144
E-mail: mtinka at africaonline.co.ug
Web:     www.africaonline.co.ug

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Candler [mailto:B.Candler at pobox.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 12:26 PM
To: Mark Tinka
Cc: 'Philip Smith'; afnog at afnog.org
Subject: Re: BGP over satellite link - update!!

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 10:46:17AM +0300, Mark Tinka wrote:
> It's safe to assume that R2 is peering with another router on the
> Internet [perhaps a third-party major Internet provider like UUNET]

Not if I were that provider - it would be an access router which connected
to my own backbone, and I would have different routers for connecting to my
upstreams.

This is unless the provider in question is a one-man-and-dog outfit with a
single router :-)

What I was really wondering was whether R2 (the one you peer with) is
directly connected to both satellite uplink and download boxes, or whether
there are even more routers in the leg between R2 and DVB-E or R2 and B2
(which would complicate things more)

Regards,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org