Re: Network utility tools

>And what network utility tools can I use to know the IP address on my
>client system - let say their server with >a global IP address i.e the
>IP address I gave them.=20
>let assume I forget the IP address and I want to get the actual IP
>address on their server system from my >end.?

Go to http://www.gfisoftware.com/lannetscan/index.htm. This sofware is
very good and also think it is very dangerous. And  try also
www.solarwinds.net . You can use the IP browser utilities to browse the
ips on the whole internet if you want.

>beside, how do I detect people that are u sing my service without my
>knowledge may be just becos they >have my network parameters one or the
>other i.e sniffers on my network?

Hope corporate(Dedicated access) users could not since they need routing
information to be activated at your interfaces.  For dialup users, depend
upon the kind of authentication policies. Cisco Secure can tell you more
and denied multiple loggins and also give a user a limited access.

Bruno.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org