Re: Removal of IP

Unfortunately, we live in a region of the world that is not of priority to
the code warriors that matter. I also have not seen a nerd or geek that
fell victim to the scams (They are just too intelligent) this means that
we would have to wait a while, as most people will just blacklist the IP
of offending ISPs.

Perhaps this issue as well as that of BGP multihop over simplex links will
both form good panel discussions at this year's afnog meeting. What do
others think?

Regards ...

Sunday.

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Brian Candler wrote:

> Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 09:26:16 +0100
> From: Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com>
> To: Sunday Folayan <sfolayan at skannet.com.ng>
> Cc: afnog at afnog.org
> Subject: Re: Removal of IP
>
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 12:03:04AM +0100, Sunday Folayan wrote:
> > As Fisayo and others have written in previous posts, it is not as easy as
> > it seems.
>
> Oh, I believe you! For me it's been an interesting discussion to find out
> exactly what the causes are.
>
> Eventually I think we'd end up with a civil rights discussion: as Brian L.
> points out there are collective benefits to anonymity, whereas another might
> point out the disadvantages.
>
> As for NAT: I think it would be a good idea if NAT firewalls could be
> configued to answer 'ident' protocol requests to give the local IP address
> and/or authenticated username of the user who originated the connection.
> I've never come across an implementation which does this though.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian.

Sunday A. Folayan
General Data Engineering Services Ltd [SKANNET]
18b, Oshin Rd, Kongi Bodija Ibadan, Nigeria
 Email:	sfolayan at skannet.com.ng
 Voice:	+234-2-8105156 Fax: +234-2-8105156x221
-------

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world;
We unreasonable ones persist in trying to adapt
the world to ourselves. therefore all progress
depends on us, the unreasonable people."
                         -- George Bernard Shaw

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org