Re: Tanzanian ISPs move closer to establishing an Internet exchange

Hi ALAIN                                         > at 2003.05.13_16:59:08_+0200

> > > The best way to show if  an IX is needed is the get from each ISP, real
> > > statistics about local traffic sent overseas and how percent of bandwith
> > > it represents.
> >
> > but v. often this is very difficult to establish until you have actually
> > offloaded the local traffic (via an exchange?)
>
> Tools are available for that. I know  we can not get statistics with 0% of
> errors

URLs ?

most of the ISPs we are talking about dont have AS numbers, so you cant just
collect netflow with nexthop AS info. you would need to setup some form of
directory of network blocks as a first step.

--
Regards
 Johann

          'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'
                                 - Leonardo da Vinci