Re: Tanzanian ISPs move closer to establishing an Internet exchange

v. good point Michuki - and there si also more incentive to develop more
local content and applications to meet local needs.

I have clients who are pushing SMS content into cell provider networks via
KIXP for on-demand value add servicess that these cellular operators offer
their customers.

Radio stations streaming their broadcasts.

Today we had a video production company come to colocate a server for
purposes of video broadcasts that they will be sending out on behalf of
their customers.

Another client is running an online betting service and generates a
significant amount of traffic.

A web design firm is colocating their servers with us with a requirement
to pass 256 Gb of data a month for sites they host.

I know of four ISPs who have invested in excess of US$500,000 on "world
class" colocation facilities simply becuase of the increased demand for
local hosting of content and online applications.

None of these would have been feasible/cost effective or possible without
KIXP.

So, build the infrastructure and the content/applications will happen.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org