Re: Tanzanian ISPs move closer to establishing an Internet exchange

I also believe that first we have to start with the IX and the content
will come as a result of a much, much better quality of service
between ISP's.
We have seen that happen in Mozambique as well. We have
started with the MOzambique IX last year in May and we had very
little traffic. Now the traffic is increased to more than 3 times in less
than a year and we started with 5 peers, now we have 7 and the are
more peers coming to join soon as they have seen the benefit of
the IX.
NOt only does the IX keep local traffic local but also increases the
the connectivity quality between ISP's more than 40 times.
Once the infrastructure is there everyone starts using it and finding
uses for it. It's like a country and it's infrastructure, if they don't
invest in infrastructure then no one will invest in the country.

Cheers,

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org