7 Kampala Rd,
Tel:   +256-41-258143
Fax:   +256-41-258144
E-mail: mtinka at africaonline.co.ug
Web:     www.africaonline.co.ug

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Longwe [mailto:brian at pch.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 1:44 PM
To: Mark Tinka
Cc: michuki at swiftkenya.com; 'Brian Candler'; antonio at nambu.uem.mz; 'Bill
Woodcock'; 'John Tully'; afnog at afnog.org
Subject: RE: Tanzanian ISPs move closer to establishing an Internet exchange

Us Africans should be very careful about inviting wolves into our
sheepsteads. Some of these International operators are real sharks and will
skin us inside-out before we can say "ngwe!" ;-) - a Kenyanism...

At the end of the day what it boils down to is capital - sheer  $$$

It would surprise most of us here to know that the same (or equal) capital
that these guys use for projects in places like Africa are available to us
as Africans. As long as we are well organised and accountable enough <and
there's even help available in this area>.

So we should be thinking about how we can help ourselves before we go and
bring in the Big Bad wolf to eat us and our children.

Longwe

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org