RE: Router with bandwidth management

> Hello Mark,
>
>>John, I've had experience with Packeteer, and unless they cleaned up
>>their act, they are no good with high load of multiple traffic
>>variables and types.
>
> I don't know much about them, but I see they have a nice GUI.
>
>>Have you heard of ETINC - www.etinc.com - although this would be a
>>dedicated box.
>
> This solution is quite expensive at more than $2000 a box (at last
> look).  The guy that sells this is very famous for being a difficult
> person  -- from what I know, he does the programming and tech support
> (not a recipe  for friendly tech support).  And it can't do much more
> unless you are a  linux guru -- better to go with the linux or bsd
> option then.  The Mikrotik  box is $495 with these features.

** It is quite expensive you are right on that, but works perfectly, havent
really tried Mikrotik. And as for the etinc programmer and tech support
guy , he is a pain am sure Mark can tell you that too, we had a verbal
brawl with him for about 1 week and he still didnt give us good support, i
also sometime back asked him why i cant seem to get real-time stats on the
bwmgr and i got a lame answer which i could not stomach :)

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org