RE: FW: Reuters.com - Internet Worm Disguised as E-Mail from Microsoft - Mon May 19, 2003 03:09 PM ET

Brian Candler wrote: -

> Sure, but I think the point being raised is that your network and servers
should be scaled to cope with a surge of activity, whatever the cause. Unix
servers are fortunately immune to the virus contents of E-mail messages, so
it's just the volume which is an issue.

Two sentences, two points: -

1	This is Africa, the continent with HIGH network costs. Most of our
networks are sized *just* big enough, because that's all we can afford
2	Let's not get too complacent, and forget the Morris Worm, shall we? ;-)

Regards,

William Stucke
ZAnet Internet Services (Pty) Ltd
+27 11 465 0700