Linux on SCSI board

Title: Linux on SCSI board

Hi,

I'm trying to install linux on a motherboard (SCSI motherboard …. Aic7xxx, blah, blah) but with an IDE hard disk, when trying to install it tries to load the aic7xxx driver and stops there forever. I eventually installed it with the 'linux noprobe' command at boot prompt. But after the installation, the system wont boot up but stops at the message below

(scsi0) <Adapter AIC-7899 Ultra 160/m SCSI host adapter> found at PCI 2/4/0
(scsi0) Wide Channel A. SCSI ID=7, 32/255 SCBs
(scsi0) Downloading sequencer code… 396 instructions downloaded
_

The cursor then keeps blinking here forever. Anyone know the way around this?

Thanks and kind regards

                -Fisayo