Re: Linux on SCSI board

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 01:11:18PM +0100, Fisayo Adeleke wrote:
>    I'm trying to install linux on a motherboard (SCSI motherboard ....
>    Aic7xxx, blah, blah)

Exact motherboard type? A google search may turn it up.

If I search for 'linux aic-7899 hangs' on google I get some interesting
links, the first is "Install hangs w. Supermicro 5011H w. AIC-7899"

"The system locks up during the kernel load.  The bootup is apparently
choking on the aic7xxx driver and locks after downloading sequencer code
from both channels of the SCSI controller."
"The server is a new Supermicro 5011H with an Intel PIII, 1G, using Intel's
815E chipset.  It has an Adaptec AIC-7899 Ultra 160/m onboard SCSI
controller with a SCA backplane between the onboard SCSI and the drives."

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2002/debian-boot-200203/msg01273.html

(Not that there's a solution there, but a more specific search with the
motherboard type might turn up something)

Cheers,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org