Re: Convert from Exim 3.23 to Exim 4.20

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 04:49:16PM -0000, Benjamin A. Eshun wrote:
> I would like upgrade my smarthost from Exim 3.23 to Exim 4.20,
> however what I'm not sure of is if the router part of my 3.23 config file
> would work in the 4.20.  I don't have another machine to test.  Could
> someone tell me if the below router configurations for 3.23 work for the
> 4.20.  thanks

Exim 4 comes with a script which converts exim v3 configuration files to v4
format; after compiling exim you can find it in

      build-FreeBSD-i386/convert4r4

(or build-<somethingelse> if you're not running FreeBSD)

It generates lots of comments so you might not want to use its output as
your finished config file, but it can show you whether any of your existing
routers need modification to run under v4. Then you can start with a 'clean'
default v4 config file, and add your changes.

I think only minor changes are needed to the routers you gave. In
particular, "domainlist" has been changed to "manualroute", and "lookuphost"
has been changed to "dnslookup", to more accurately reflect their purpose.

Note that exim4 has eliminated the distinction between "routers" and
"directors" - there is now just a single set of "routers".

Regards,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org