Fw: [SANOG] Fw: [IP] Ireland to regulate peering

I thought some of you might be interested in this. This note was forwarded
to the Sanog list.
	I read the referenced documents (quite quickly).

>http://www.comreg.ie/whats_new/default.asp?ctype=5&nid=101003
>http://www.comreg.ie/whats_new/default.asp?ctype=5&nid=100998

Basically looks like it's how Ireland is responding to EU regulations that
are going in place as of July 25th.

At first glance it appeared that VPN's might be spared (information
appears to contradictory in the documents) as they are classified as an
ECS (Electronic Communications Service) vs. an ECN (Electronic
Communications Network).

In any case, if enforced, this could affect peering in Ireland (and Europe
as a whole?) substantially, which might indirectly affect other regions.

Then again, maybe this is old news to some of you on the list?

- Hervey Allen

Begin forwarded message: