From: Paul [mailto:pademmy at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 5:56 PM
To: mtinka at africaonline.co.ug
Subject: RE: technical help

hello mark,

 now I can ping the linux box within my network now and it can be ping from anywhere on the net now.

I just did a fresh installation of the linux now. so how do I go about setting up the apache and dns now?

When I open apache program configuration,
the main frontpage I have basic setup
server name is it my IP address of the linux box that will be there or what? and the webmaster email address is root at localhost do I need to change it to my own email address?

2, Virtual Hosts menu I see name and address, when I click edit -
what is going to be in the Virtual HostName, and the IP based virtual Host, I saw IP address and Server HostName, what will the server hostname be?

thanks.
ajayi

Do you Yahoo!?