Re: DNS config.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 07:54:07AM -0700, Paul wrote:
>     now I can ping the linux box within my network now and it can be ping
>    from anywhere on the net now.
>
>    I just did a fresh installation of the linux now. so how do I go about
>    setting up the apache and dns now?

What do you want the DNS for? Is it just a DNS cache, or are you trying to
set up authoritative DNS for a particular domain (that is, to give out
information on a particular domain to the rest of the Internet)?

A webserver does not need to run a DNS cache. If you have a good, local DNS
cache already then you can just point your box to it in /etc/resolv.conf

>    When I open apache program configuration,
>
>    the main frontpage I have basic setup

Any idea what this Apache configuration tool is? Something RedHat specific
perhaps? I'm afraid I only grok the configuration file directly...

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org