Re: mail server config

hello,

Good day. thanks for your reply.
pls am still having some little difficulties in
installing the exim in redhat linux 7.2, the
instruction on afnog workshop is on freebsd stuff and
some command structure are different from linux.

like compiling it from the source info

$ su
# pw useradd exim -u 90 -d /usr/exim
# exit

does it mean that I need to create a user call exim in
the root directory of linux before I installed exim on
the system or what?

secondly, if I need to download exim from the net, in
what directory do I need to download it to before I
now do the tar to untar the file?

pls help me out cos the afnog work sheet on freebsd is
not detail enough to my understanding.