Re: [afnog] Re: W32.Sobig.E at mm

Personally, I have never seen those viruses since my system gets rid of
them before they get to me and even when they pass that, spamassassin
catches them anyway. Thus if you have enough clue and your system
is well setup, this should not be an issue for you anyway.

Therefore imho we have to keep in mind that the
mailing list is provided as a free service due to the generousity of the
UOL folks. Therefore as much as we can "politely request" for certain
features we do not have a right to demand for them. It takes time to
implement such things and time is money if you have to forego another
money genrating activity to involve yourself in this one. This does not
kill the spirit of volunteerism however if something is not so much of a
bother or you can take care of it at your end, then there is no reason to
create a workload for someone else to fix something you can do at your
end.

Otherwise someone next will decide that we need spamassassin also
configured for the list, then because we do not want to lose legitimate
mail in the process, we will ask the list admin to check those mails
tagged as spam and if they are not spam send them on, and then create even
more work....

Of the total spam I receive per day, I cannot even say that 1% is for the
AfNOG list.

Noah.