Re: [afnog] faulty client network slowing down my link

I am using Airpointpro as AP and Airbridges as clients
from Smartbridges Pte - Singapore
www.smartbridges.com. These are 802.11b compliance
radios with client internal MAC authorisation. I don't
find any MAC filtering feature.

Robert

 --- S Woodside <sbwoodside at yahoo.com> wrote: >
Robert, perhaps the situation can still be remedied
> in the radio. What
> model is it? You might for example be able to set up
> MAC address
> filtering at the MAC layer in the radio to prevent
> it from talking to
> problem clients. You would probably need to fix this
> at the MAC level,
> not at the router, if your client is flooding the
> link.
>
> simon
>
> On Monday, July 14, 2003, at 06:05  PM, Robert
> Longla wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I am using smartbridges radios with a mikrotik
> router
> > in my WISP network. Of late some clients with
> faulty
> > networks are slowing down and even blocking my
> link.
> > Enabling bandwidth management on my router donīt
> > appear to help the situation.
> >
> > Who can propose to me a better hardware/software
> setup
> > for my network that can hinder interference by
> faulty
> > clients networks.
> >
> > cheers
> > robert