Re: [afnog] chroot

On Saturday, Jul 12, 2003, at 07:13 Canada/Eastern,
antonio at nambu.uem.mz wrote:

> I would like to know if it is possible to give a chroot environment to
> someone who does a normal login with a shell in FreeBSD. I know
> how to do it for ftp but I don't know if it's possible with normal
> shell
> login so that the person can not get out of his home dir.

I wrote something that did this once, for an ISP I worked at in Canada
in the mid-90s. I've just had a look and I can't find the source,
though, so that's not very helpful :-)

This looks similar, although I haven't tried it (and hence this is not
a recommendation):

   http://www.aarongifford.com/computers/chrsh.html

If you're using FreeBSD, also see "man jail".

Joe