Re: [afnog] Booking Internet bandwith

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Moussa BAGAYOKO wrote:

> Hi folks,
> first thank for your future help.
> Is it possible to keep a part of Internet bandwith for specific application
> or specific LAN P.C.? In my office an application need to establish sometime
> a tunnel between computer that running it and servers trough Internet. The
> connexion fails sometime when our bandwith is full.
> I'm seeking solution for that.

yes it is.  depending on your network internet gateway configuration you
could have a variety of options i.e if you have a cisco router as your
gateway or a freebsd box or a linux box etc..  it would be better if
you posted the setup that currently connects you to your ISP.

Joseph
This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>