RE: [afnog] Booking Internet bandwith

I would recomment that you setup FreeBSD for this. The freeBSD handbook
has a good tutorial for setting up nat on FreeBSD and there are also hints
in the archives of this mailing list on hwo to get this done. The hand
book is at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook

For bandwidth management you need to recompile your FreeBSD kernel with
DUMMYNET support and IPFW plus of course IPDIVERT if you plan to use natd.

There is a dummynet howto as well that will show you the ropes on how to
configure your bandwidth management.

I have also used Linux in the past with CBQ etc but found the FreeBSD
solution to be much more flexible.

Noah.