[afnog] Re: Openwebmail

On 18 Jul 2003 at 22:33, David Chima wrote:

> > > Hello Antonio,
> > > I got your e-mail on the Afnog e-mail you sent asking for help on a
> > > combination of sendmail and mysql to be used on openwebmail. I am
> > > interested to know if you are running openwebmail with ssl. I am also
> > > running one like that and I would like to know if you would run it so
> > > that it become a secure site on Linux at the same time keep the other
> > > pages on apache insecure as the can be.
> > >
> > > Any idea?
I have installed and I am running over ssl the openwebmail.
All I had to do was install apache with modssl which you can find in
the ports distribution. After you install it, it will run with ssl enabled
and all you have to do is to type https://   before the web address of
your openwebmail. Of course you'll have to create your own
certificate for ssl either internally or by sending a request to
someone like verisign if you need your certificate to be trusted.
there is a perl script which deals with certificates and CAs and it is
CA.pl which you'll find somewhere in your system under openssl
dir. this script can create the certificate for you and sign it as well if
you want something internal.

Cheers,

> > > Regards
> > >
> > > David
> > > Malawi SDNP - Home of Dot MW (.mw)
> > > Web: http://www.sdnp.org.mw
> > > E-Mail: mwsdnp at sdnp.org.mw
> > > Tel: 01674979, 01675872
> > > Fax: 01673944
> > >

> > Antonio Godinho
> > B.Sc., MCP, MCP+Internet, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP
> > Address:Av. Julius Nyerere 947 3rd floor esq
> > Maputo - Mozambique
> > Phone  : 258-82-300392
> > e-mail : ANTONIO at nambu.uem.mz
> >
> > An expert is one who knows more and more
> > about less and less until he knows absolutely
> > everything about nothing.

This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>