Handy Household Tips!

Really good tips. Print them and forward them to all your friends. They
really work and are really useful.

1) Flies or bees bothering you? Spray them with hairspray and
they will take a quick dive.

2) Sealed envelope - Put in the freezer for a few hours, then  slide a
knife under the flap. The envelope can then be resealed.(hmmm...)

3) Use empty toilet paper roll to store appliance cords. It keeps them
neat and you can write on the roll what appliance it belongs to.

4) For icy doorsteps in freezing temperatures: get warm water and put Dawn
dish washing liquid in it. Pour it all over the steps. They won't
refreeze.  (Wish I had known this for the last 35 years)!

5) Crayon marks on walls? This worked wonderfully! A damp rag dipped in
baking soda. Comes off with little effort (elbow grease that is)!

6) Permanent marker on appliances/counter tops (like store receipt BLUE)!
Rubbing alcohol on paper towel.

7) Whenever I purchase a box of SOS Pads, I immediately take a pair of
scissors and cut each pad into halves. After years of having to throw away
rusted and unused and smelly pads, I finally decided that  this would be
much more economical. And now a box of SOS pads lasts me indefinitely! In
fact, I have noticed that the scissors get sharpened this way!

8) Opening brand new jars can be a feat in itself. Well, I have found a
way to make it the easiest thing to do. Instead of  banging a  jar of
jam, pickles, etc., with a knife until it loosens up, simply reach   into
the drawer and pull out the handy nutcracker. It adjusts to the  size of
the jar and I simply give it a good twist and off pops the lid!

9) Blood stains on clothes? Not to worry! Just pour a little peroxide  on
cloth and proceed to wipe off every  drop of blood. Works every  time!

10) Use vertical strokes when washing windows outside and  horizontal for
inside windows. This way you can tell which side has  the streaks.
Straight vinegar will get outside windows really clean.   Don't wash
windows on sunny day. They will dry too quickly  and  will probably streak.

11) Spray a bit of perfume on the light bulb in any room to create a
lovely light scent in each room when the light is turned on.

12) Place fabric softener sheets in dresser drawers and your clothes  will
smell freshly washed for weeks to come. You can also do  this with towels
and linen.

13) Candles will last a lot longer if placed in the freezer for at  least
3 hours prior to burning.

14) To clean artificial flowers, pour some salt into a paper bag  and add
the flowers. Shake vigorously as the salt will absorb all the dust and
dirt and leave your artificial flowers looking  like new! Works like a
charm!

15) To easily remove burnt on food from your skillet, simply add a  drop
or two of dish soap and enough later to cover bottom  of  pan, and bring
to a boil on stovetop.

16) Spray your Tupperware with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in
tomato based sauces and there won't be any stains.

17) When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a  bit of
the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white  mess on the outside
of the cake.

18) Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the  refrigerator and it
will keep for weeks.

19) When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help  bring out
the corn's natural sweetness.

20) Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it  on  your
forehead. The throbbing will go away.

21) Don't throw out all that leftover wine: Freeze into ice cubes for
future use in casseroles and sauces.

22) To get rid of itch from mosquito bites, try applying soap on  the area
and you will experience instant relief.

23) Ants, ants, ants everywhere ... Well, they are said too never cross a
chalk line. So get your chalk out and draw a line on  the floor or wherever

24) Use air-freshener to clean mirrors. It does a good job and  better
still, leaves a lovely smell to the shine.

25) When you get a splinter, reach for the scotch tape before resorting to
tweezers or a needle. Simply put the scotch tape over the splinter, and
then pull it off.  Scotch tape removes  most splinters painlessly and
easily.

Brought to you by:  Benefactor DLC

http://www.benefactordlc.net/members.php/kpaddle

JOIN for FREE   Get benefactored into some really hot money making
opportunities. It is possible to get paid with no cost to you. Our
Benefactors will pay your fees for you.