Re: [afnog] The Netlantis Project

      On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Okoegwale Uwagbale Joseph wrote:
    > hello Bill. I was at Kampala and did Track 2. What does it take to get one of your looking-glasses down here?
    > I am at Abuja, NIGERIA.
    > Joseph Okoegwale

Well, we provide exchange-point kit, wherever a group of ISPs are ready to
form a local exchange, provided they do so in accordance with basic
best-practices.  We do training and so forth to assist ISPs in getting
exchanges organized, and in connecting to exchanges.

So mostly what we require is a group of ISPs who are willing to
self-organize and who are all committed to supporting a local exchange.

We've put equipment in for the exchange in Ibadan, and we'll be happy to
do the same thing in Lagos and Abuja, as the ISPs in each city organize.

                                -Bill

This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>