Re: [afnog] compiling sendmail with libmilter feature

Sendmail version must be 8.11 or later in order to compile libmilter feature
of sendmail. Please read lib-milter/README file from sendmail package in
order to get instructions for how to compile sendmail

with this feature. After sendmail was compiled and installed with libmilter
feature you can proceed with RAV AntiVirus instalation.

To configure RAVMilter you must add the following two lines into

/etc/mail/sendmail.mc:

define(‘_FFR_MILTER’, ‘true’)

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER( ‘RAVMilter’,

‘S=local:/usr/local/rav8/private/ravmilter.sock, F=R,T=S:10s;R:5m;E:5m’)

After that, you must generate /etc/mail/sendmail.cf with the following

command: m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

When RAVMilter starts it will parse /etc/mail/sendmail.cf to find out what

socket to bind (in our example

it will bind the UNIX socket /usr/local/rav8/private/ravmilter.sock).

--
David Ziggy Lubowa
Network Engineer