[afnog] Hosting a mailing list: do it yourself

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 03:46:36AM -0700,
 jojo jo <jmn20002 at yahoo.com> wrote
 a message of 50 lines which said:

> we need to find an alternative hosting solution for our mailing list
> (ethinktank) which is currently on yahoo groups and we have
> difficulties with recent changes the group is introducing
>
> the list is for promoting ICT in Tanzania

It seems clear to me that a list intended to promote ICT in <some
country> must be hosted in that very country! A typical mailing list
does not require a lot of resources, it is not like hosting
www.google.com. Install mailman|sympa|smartlist|anything on one of
your machines and here we go.

This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>