Re: [afnog] Red Hat 8.0 as a router

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Daniel Obuobi wrote:

> I would like to set up a Red Hat 8.0 linux box. Can
> any one show me the best way to do that?

Daniel,
Shall we have this discussion on this list for the benefit of the others?

Are you trying to route packets from multiple machines through a single
gateway (the Red Hat machine)?

Do all of the machines have Class A IP addresses, or do some have local
addresses?

I assume you have multiple network interfaces installed in the machine
already?

Scott

> Thanks
>

> =====
> Daniel Obuobi
> Co-ordinator, Computer Centre
> Technical Co-ordinator, AVU Cape Coast
> University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Ghana
> Tel: 233-42-32440 / 233-42-30859 (Office); Fax: 233-42-34612
> Co-ordinator, Global Teenager Project, Central Region, Ghana.

> http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
> This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
> technical discussion list.
> The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>

sleekfreak pirate broadcast
world tour 2002-3