RE: [afnog] mailmonitor

afnog-bounces at afnog.org wrote:
> what is the best antivirus software for linux iyho? there are so many
> to choose from so i wanted some opinion about what has been good and
> bad about the different types. thanks.
>
> g00gler

Are you new? Don't think we've met :-).

Anyway, as Brian C mentioned on this list several weeks back, the best
anti-virus solution is a commercial one. In which case, I have worked with
both Norton Anti-Virus on Solaris, and Sophos Anti-Virus + MailMonitor on
SuSE Linux.

While NAV shipped with Sun's Netra X1 1U server, I prefer Sophos. NAV has
got an interactive GUI that goes from reports to automatic update
configuration. While Sophos is still catching up with making the interface
more 'user_friendly', the core software runs very very well, and it's works
like a charm for me.

Just my opinion.

Regards,

Mark Tinka - CCNP
Network Engineer, Africa Online Uganda

This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>