Re: [afnog]SAT-3/WASC

    > Is it possible for african countries other than those that have  landing
    > points to join the SAT-3 network?
    > I know that it is managed by the SAT-3/WASC/SAFE consortium, but I don't
    > know who I may contact.
    > So, I need advice and suggestion  on the right contact for more
    > commercial information about this.

I don't have the appropriate contact information for you, but yes, it's
possible, though very expensive.  There are two ways to do it.  You can
either get a new landing installed and join the consortium yourself (very
expensive one-time) or you can become a "client" of one of the existing
consortium members, and take a drop from their landing, either over-land
or as a second, coastal, submarine fiber (expensive on a recurring basis).

                                -Bill

This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>