Re: [afnog]Proxy Server Hanging

> thanks very much for ur advice, I really appreciate. but let me bring this
> to ur notice dat my server have two NIC card, one for Global IP address
> ansd the second for Private IP address. so if I plug the three switch into
> the fastethernet switch for the LAN, that means I need another switch or
> Hub to connect the interface that has the Global IP address with the radio
> link cable?
> thanks for ur response.
> AJ

Hi AJ, BC, all,

IMHO it would help if you did a *_SIMPLE_* diagram of your network as it
is now. (the ascii diagrams Brian sent are good examples).

Also you have not given (or I have missed) any clues of what OS you are
running (though this *feels* like M$ something), so no one can give you
any way to debug any of the upper layer problems you may be facing (like
the ones Brian mentioned earlier).

<hint type=strong>
In general, if you are on a Un*x'ish system, the lines your syslog spits
out (usually to /var/log/messages) when you plug the cable in or out could
be a great help.
</hint>

> Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com> wrote:
<message trimmed>

just my 2cents.

Patrick.
This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>