Re: [afnog]Cisco config and Connectivity

Yes the Cisco router can do that but I think it would be wise for you to
start with trying to clear the virus as best you can.

1, will this stop the virus on my network since windows product are
serious affected with serious virus.

No,you should realise that there are afew viruses that will attach
whatever you are using as a router( cisco ,*unix, mikrotik or
whatever),with some serious ACLs on your Cisco router however, you
should be able to decrease the problem.

2. How is the configuration going to look like or how am I going to
setup the router to perform that function at the remote site.

assuming...

int e0 - 192.168.0.1 - internal ethernet interface on router configured
for "ip nat inside"

192.168.0.2 - .254 - rest of your internal network.

x.x.x.x - public ip on your serial or ISDN connection

so....

Conf t
 int e0
 ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
 ip nat inside

 int s0
 ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
 ip nat outside

In global conf mode..

 access-list 1 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255
 ip nat inside source list 1 interface s0 overload

That should basically do it.

--
You never know how many friends you have until you rent a house on the
beach.

cheers
Richard.