Re: [afnog]mhonarc and smrsh failure

mhornarc creates a db file for tracking changes to the archive in the
directory that the archiuves are kept. Apparently mhonarc is unable to
locate that db file. Possible causes could be file permissions. Perhaps
the user that mhornarc is run as when run by sendmail does not have
permission to read that file or even the higher level directory may not be
readable by that user. To my recollection home directories are usually
mode 0700.

Noah.

> Hi. I have found some difficulty archiving some email using mhonarc and
> sendmail smrsh. This is the bounce i get back.
> mhonarc is one of the smrsh allowed binaries under /etc/smrsh, and the
> .mhonarc.db file exists. using mhonarc 2.6.8.
>

> "|/usr/bin/mhonarc -add -outdir /home/kenneth/archives -rcfile
> /home/kenneth/archives/.mhonarc.demo"
>      (reason: 13)
>      (expanded from: <demo-archive at localhost>)
>
>     ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>
> Can't locate /home/kenneth/.mhonarc.db at /usr/lib/MHonArc/mhopt.pl line
> 377.
>  554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 13
>

>  Final-Recipient: RFC822; afnog-archive at localhost
>  Diagnostic-Code: X-Unix; 13
>  Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:04:22 -0500
> This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
> technical discussion list.
> The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>

Noah.
Isaiah 49:6
"And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to
raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I
will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my
salvation unto the end of the earth."