Re: [afnog] [Mailer-Daemon at mantse.gh.com: Maildeliveryfailed:returning message to sender]

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 06:53:01PM -0000, Ayitey Bulley wrote:
> This is the kind of error I get in my exim logs
>
> -----------------
> 2003-10-14 14:09:27 1A9PqV-0002kl-19 ** abulley at ghana.com R=localuser
> T=local_delivery_courier: Child process of local_delivery_courier transport
> returned 74 (could mean input/output error) from command:
> /usr/courier-imap/libexec/deliverquota
> -----------------
>
> Have you seen this before?

In the deliverquota source, 74 = EX_IOERR. It is returned if a write-to-disk
fails, or if a rename fails.

> Set the "return_output" option on the transport - then you can
> see the error message procmail is generating.

That will be in the bounce message returned to the sender, and this is in
fact happening:

  gagbey at ghana.com
    local delivery failed

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ gagbey at ghana.com ------

/home/gagbey/Maildir/tmp/1065817420.6784.mantse: No space left on device

It's the bit under "------ gagbey at ghana.com ------" which is the stderr
output from deliverquota, and which return_fail_output is picking up and
putting into the bounce message.

B.
This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>