[afnog] UBUNTU 10.!10 headaches!

Yasini Kilima ykilima at tra.go.tz
Tue Apr 10 17:19:23 UTC 2012

Hi guys

I am at home on my machine with the USB Stick predicament, and this mail I am writing on the same machine with UBUNTU 10.10
Here is the tail results for your reference and guide

investment2k7 at ubuntu:~$ sudo tail -f /var/log/messages
Apr 10 20:00:45 ubuntu kernel: [  998.565158] tg3 0000:05:02.0: eth0: Flow control is on for TX and on for RX
Apr 10 20:00:45 ubuntu kernel: [  998.565208] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
Apr 10 20:00:57 ubuntu kernel: [ 1011.409895] Either the lower file is not in a valid eCryptfs format, or the key could not be retrieved. Plaintext passthrough mode is not enabled; returning -EIO
Apr 10 20:01:59 ubuntu kernel: [ 1071.692253] Either the lower file is not in a valid eCryptfs format, or the key could not be retrieved. Plaintext passthrough mode is not enabled; returning -EIO
Apr 10 20:02:29 ubuntu kernel: [ 1101.693410] Either the lower file is not in a valid eCryptfs format, or the key could not be retrieved. Plaintext passthrough mode is not enabled; returning -EIO
Apr 10 20:06:29 ubuntu kernel: [ 1341.693799] Either the lower file is not in a valid eCryptfs format, or the key could not be retrieved. Plaintext passthrough mode is not enabled; returning -EIO
Apr 10 20:06:32 ubuntu sudo: pam_sm_authenticate: Called
Apr 10 20:06:32 ubuntu sudo: pam_sm_authenticate: username = [investment2k7]
Apr 10 20:06:32 ubuntu sudo: pam_sm_authenticate: /home/investment2k7 is already mounted
Apr 10 20:08:03 ubuntu kernel: [ 1435.312344] usb 1-5: USB disconnect, address 3
Apr 10 20:08:19 ubuntu kernel: [ 1450.944040] usb 1-5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
Apr 10 20:08:19 ubuntu kernel: [ 1451.709924] scsi3 : usb-storage 1-5:1.0
Apr 10 20:08:20 ubuntu kernel: [ 1452.709593] scsi 3:0:0:0: Direct-Access     HP       v125w            4096 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0 CCS
Apr 10 20:08:20 ubuntu kernel: [ 1452.712954] sd 3:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0
Apr 10 20:08:20 ubuntu kernel: [ 1452.714938] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdb] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)
Apr 10 20:08:20 ubuntu kernel: [ 1452.715932] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdb] Write Protect is off
Apr 10 20:08:20 ubuntu kernel: [ 1452.721198]  sdb: sdb1
Apr 10 20:08:20 ubuntu kernel: [ 1452.723561] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI removable disk