[afnog] Search engine optimization

Hervey Allen hervey at nsrc.org
Fri Feb 10 18:20:15 UTC 2012

On 2/10/12 1:47 PM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 01:21:26PM +0300,
>  ibtisam jamal <ibty.jamal at gmail.com> wrote
>  a message of 34 lines which said:
>
>> I was asked if i can do this but i have no idea.
>
> Don't worry. SEO is 99 % bullshit. Just ignore it and work on the
> content of the Web site: it if it interesting, people (not "traffic",
> actual people, with eyes open) will come.

I agree.

I've read quite a bit on SEO. Done a number of the various tricks and
tips for various people all with minimal effect. What _really_ drives
people is if you have useful content that people can use. That will be
found and eyes will arrive.

- Hervey

--
Hervey Allen      Network Startup Resource Center
hervey at nsrc.org   http://nsrc.org/ : http://facebook.com/nsrc.org