[afnog] ISG2000

JP Viljoen froztbyte at froztbyte.net
Mon Feb 20 11:54:45 UTC 2012

 On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:55:50 +0300, ibtisam jamal
 <ibty.jamal at gmail.com> wrote:
> JP ,
>
> Since SSH ia already allowed under any service is there a way we can
> customise it to accept SFTP or how should we go about it.
>
> Regards,
> Ibtisam

 If you definitely have SSH allowed, then it should work. If you are
 having issues, I would recommend that you attempt to use 'sftp -v
 user at host' from a linux system (or the equivalent command on another
 unix-like OS that supports the same things) to have verbose output
 indicating what is happening. It is possible that your firewall policy
 allows the traffic, but the endpoint server is not in fact configured to
 serve up SFTP. If this latter item is the case, check the documentation
 of the OS on your server for further information on how to configure it.

 -J