[afnog] Advanced Afnog

Tracy Musaza cocko_mirindi at yahoo.fr
Wed Jul 11 09:58:48 UTC 2012

Hi Mr Onuche,

You can find a good  IXP program in the Network Infrastructures in the AfNOG workshop progam.   browse here the link bellow to appreciate it.

http://www.ws.afnog.org/afnog2012/sie/detail.html

In the last two days , you can learn :
1)
Internet Exchange Points [NG]
	* Topics include:
	* What is an exchange point
	* Why you need one
	* Basic IXP design
	* Scaling an IXP
	* Students will be able to:
	* explain what an Internet exchange point is
	* explain why people use IXPs
	* understand why IXPs are important
	* review some current IXP designs used today
	* think about how to set up an Internet exchange point in your environment
	* understand why Route Servers are useful
2)

	* Internet Exchange Points exercise [NG]
	* Students will be able to:
	* build a simple exchange point
	* demonstrate how an IXP benefits their network
	* Students will be introduced to and be able to understand the following problems:
	* Not providing transit to your peer
	* Not providing transit across the Exchange Point
	* Not seeing own routes from anyone else
	* Not accidentally receiving the whole Internet routes from peer
	* Not receiving internal IGP routes accidentally announced by peers
	* Not trusting customers to generate correct routes

We have to know that all program has tweaked according to the backgrounds and /or projects in Africa.

Best Regards,

Coko Tracy MIRINDI MUSAZA
LATNOK MRK ltd, BP 2245, Kigali, Rwanda
MatrIX-Holding, Kinshasa, RDC