[afnog] Backup routing Engine

ibtisam jamal ibty.jamal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 12:49:54 UTC 2012

Thanks

We will follow this procedure .
Insert second RE ,upgrade the junos to the existing RE junos version and
verify ...using Show version invoke-on all-routing-engines

set chassis redundancy routing-engine 0 master
set chassis redundancy routing-engine 1 backup
set chassis redundancy failover on-loss-of-keepalives
set chassis redundancy failover on-disk-failure
set chassis redundancy graceful-switchover

verify using
show system switchover

Any other recommendation .We will leave out nonstop active routing for now.

Regards,