[afnog] help

Iñigo Ortiz de Urbina inigo at infornografia.net
Thu Jun 28 18:38:58 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM, NJEMMEH JENG <njemmeh.jeng at gamtel.gm> wrote:
> I am working with two virtual machines namely FreeBSD and Ubuntu. I
> configured my master zone on my FreeBSD machine and slave zone on my
> Ubuntu.  Now I am not getting my zone file transferred. I ran the
> named-checkzone command on the slave and I got “File not found” and serial
> no(2009063000) not loaded.

Sharing both master and slave config files would help us troubleshoot
your issue.

Provided you are not using views or have configured the master to
update the slave using NOTIFY messages, you may issue rndc retransfer
zone to force a retransfer from the slave ignoring the serial.
Otherwise, the slave, if properly configured, should perform a zone
transfer when the TTL for its locally cached zone expires.