[afnog] redundant PPPoE links

james chirwa jamechirwa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 09:30:18 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have a PPPoE connection on Cisco 1800 series to my service provider,
there are two links from the same provider, one of which is a backup where
by i have to physically change the cables on the router's port when the
main link is down.
Is there a way to configure a dynamic solution such that i have both
connection physically connect to separate ports but the other one dials
when the primary link goes down? but acquire the same IP address that is
acquired by the primary link when its up.

James