[afnog] jabber server source download

JP Viljoen froztbyte at froztbyte.net
Fri Mar 23 11:32:44 UTC 2012

 On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:12:21 +0000, abel ELITCHA
 <kmw.elitcha at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i would like to download the source of jabber  server at  the
> latest version or at least the JABBERD-2.0S2.TAR.GZ ; could someone
> help me please; it is because the official download site is
> unavailable (http://www.jabber.org/software/servers.shtml [1]).
>
> thank.

 Hi

 I'm not certain as to whether jabber.org maintains a release of that
 server anymore, and some quick checking doesn't reveal any useful URLs.
 If all you need is a XMPP server implementation, I recommend you look
 into ejabberd[0] or Openfire[1] to get you started.

 -J

 [0] - http://www.ejabberd.im/
 [1] - http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/